Even though I grew up with herbalism and homeopathy as my medicine I still spent decades struggling with many health challenges. In 2004 I was taken under the wing of the amazing Wray Whyte who was a women’s hormone genius. She gave me the foundation of my hormone healing journey and taught me how to do scientific research. During my years in health journalism I was able to access functional medicine seminars and to go through the next level of hormone and gut repair. Through the somatic nervous system work I learned that everything is about relationship and that our relationship to our body, to our innate selves, to the sacred feminine, our community, and to the Earth are at the core of our wellbeing.
Over the decades I have been blessed to learn traditional feminine practices and sacred gifts that were removed from Western cultures many generations back. I feel there is an ancient feminine pulse that moves through us all and once invited it can heal old wounds, awaken our vital energy, turn on our honest perception, and change the story for the next generation.
Having my daughter taught me that motherhood was a gift that woke up a love, strength, playfulness and grace in me that I didn’t know was possible.
STUDIES AND WORK
Studies – Functional Medicine trainings in hormone and gut health. Somatic Embodiment Certification (Linda Thai). Massage therapy. Integrated Bodywork. Reiki (Hong Kong). Dragon Tears sacred movement (Lujan Matus). Munay-Ki shamanic nine rites (Carol George), Higher Heart meditation (Fiona Almeleh). Mama Bamba Doula (Robyn Sheldon). Helping Babies Breathe (Ruth Ehrhardt). Currently studying Oracle Spiral (Cathy Coyle).
Today I practice as a modern day medicine woman and somatic embodiment coach, supporting women in not just feeling at home in their bodies, but how to work with the body as a profound navigational guide. I offer a Women’s Somatic Embodiment Package, an MamaThrive Pregnancy Package, a Babymoon Package, and an MamaThrive Postpartum Package.
This work involves:
- Learning the wonders of the feminine body and the creative gifts of ones monocycle.
- Claiming our sovereignty in health and learning the wisdom and tools to nourish our hormones, womb, vagina’s, pelvic floor, breasts and general wellbeing.
- Working with the nervous system and through somatics to release survival patterns, lineage stories and patriarchal imprints.
- Learning how to work with the nervous system as the intelligent barometer to navigate the world.
- Working with our senses and somatic tools to attain daily embodiment which gives us access to our innate instincts and intuition and helps us discover what really turns us on in life.
- Inviting the story of our ancestral line to reveal itself, healing the trauma’s and gleaning the gifts.
- Activating embodied discernment and deepening our sacred feminine awareness.
- Exploring ones own unique relationship to the Earth and the healing that she brings..
Dance, playing with my daughter, and exploring nature are all my soul food. Of course my Womb Way Yoni Egg practice always brings deep nourishment. I am also fascinated with all the old ways of living, there is so much that I would like to explore. I am passionate about learning self-sustainability; how to grow my own food, wild foraging, making my own clothes, making ceramic pots and building natural homes, to name but a few.
“Cultivating a loving reverence towards the body can allow the sagacity of life to move through us, nourishing the body and fueling the heart.”